Saturday, July 14, 2012

August 11!

Triathlon is only 4 weeks away! Time to get my butt in gear!

I want to keep track of my times/food etc so I am going to be posting it on here. It's a little extra motivation for me!

Today I did my second brick. Which was a whole lot better than the first attempt. A brick is when you bike and then run right after. It's called a brick because it feels like that's what your quads are made of. The first brick I did was the first time I rode the 20 km. It was also 30+ degrees out and windy like it always is in SoAb.
I got off my bike ready to run and I could not get my legs to cooperate. It was the weirdest feeling and was also really frustrating. I didn't like that I couldn't control how my body was moving. Anyways, today was better. I biked 16km and then ran the 5km. The first few minutes of the run were rough but the feeling went away and I found my pace.
I am not worried about doing the run at all. I am however nervous for the swim and the hill on the bike. ( it's a monster!)

I am going to do 2 of each event every week. So swim twice,bike twice and run twice. With 1 brick and 1 day off. I am also going to strength train 2-3 times a week. Which brings me to

bodyrock.tv!

I was going to post a picture of the main girl but decided against it haha! This website is amazing! 12 minute tough workouts! ALL FREE! They post a new work out everyday I think and some yoga stuff. The girl however is very proud of her new pair of inflatables and must not have the money to buy herself some new bras to accommodate them. But
it is still a kick butt workout! Check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment