Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Breakfast!

I look forward to eating breakfast every morning! There have been a number of studies linking people who don't eat breakfast to being overweight. Recently I have been making the same things for breakfast and I am not bored of them yet.

My number 1 favorite breakfast food is oatmeal! You can do so much with it! Like this..

Blueberry Almond Oatmeal
1/2 cup oatmeal (dry measurement) = 140 cal cooked
1/2 cup frozen field blueberries = 40 cal
1 tsp brown sugar = 15 cal (most the time I don't even put this in)
1/8 cup slivered almonds = 75 cal


Breakfast total = 270 calories

It is yummy, full of fiber, and antioxidants!

I have started to make a lot of smoothies too. Except my magic bullet has been sucking lately. It takes forever to make a smoothie because I have to keep banging the magic bullet on the counter, or stopping and sticking a spoon in it to break up the chunks. Its dumb. I really want to get one of these.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/62/23/56/52/0062235652797_500X500.jpg
It's a Ninja blender and its supposed to be amazing. I watched the infomercial for a good 15 minutes. Better start saving my pennies!

My smoothie recipe is super simple, but I think it is so delicious.

Caribbean Treasure Smoothie


1 cup Caribbean treasure (frozen peaches mango strawberries)= 60 cal
1 cup vanilla soy milk = 140 cal
1 small container Activia Vanilla yogurt = 35 cal


Smoothie total = 235 calories

The vanilla soy milk and yogurt are so yummy with the fruit, no added sugar necessary! I like my smoothies really thick. No straw needed just a spoon!

Some other yummy breakfast foods are
Green pepper omelet
Special K Blueberry cereal
Apples and peanut butter
Egg white crepes with fruit filling





No comments:

Post a Comment