Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Yummy In My Tummy

My diet plan doesn't really feel like a diet to me. It really is how I should be eating normally.

1. 3-4 400 calorie meals a day 
- The best formula for weight loss? Watch calories!
And the easiest way to do that is to eat four 400-calorie meals daily.

This fuels energy, revs metabolism, and keeps you feeling full longer.
No food is off limits! Just check nutrition information and serving sizes and you'll be able to find meals in the 400-calorie range (380-420 calories)--anywhere, anytime.




2. LOTS of H20 (I don't want to drink my calories - what a waste!)
    
3. 1 planned cheat day a week 
 - I think using 1 cheat day (or cheat meal) a week will help me stay on track. There has been scientific research that proves that having a cheat day or cheat meal actually helps your body with fat loss. A lot of bodybuilders and trainers recommend having a cheat day. A cheat day for me is usually on Sunday, or if I have an event planned for that week. I will usually have whatever I want but I don't go crazy on cheat days. (those are calories I'll still have to burn off haha!)

"By eating calorie dense foods on purpose one day per week, you’ll give leptin levels (and your metabolism) a “reset” before your body starts to work against you.  This keeps your fat-burning potential maxed out"

4. No eating after 7:30 
According to Dr. Oz,
"The average American goes to bed around 10:00 p.m. You need to have two hours of time between when you eat your dinner and when you go to bed. When you eat late a night, a couple of things happen. First of all, you're more likely to be eating in front of the tv, which means you're distracted and likely to eat more. You also tend to get high calorie snacks in the late night hours. Try to move your meals up a tiny little bit whatever way you can to make 7:30 p.m. your ideal cut off time."


No comments:

Post a Comment